Hey! I’m Teresa Levite and I’m a Young Living Essential Oil Distributor. My husband, Lewis, and I live in East Central Illinois with our two dogs. Jack is a Miniature Poodle and Scooter is a Morkie, which is a Maltese and Yorkie mix. Between us, we have 5 grown children and numerous grandchildren.
We started using Young Living Essential Oils in September of 2014. Lewis and I had both reached the point that we had to do something and were willing to try just about anything. My friend Darcy was using Young Living Essential Oils and had told me about using Thieves Essential Oil to support her family’s immune system. That sounded like the perfect place for me to start. Not ever wanting to pay full retail price and always looking for the best deal, I chose the Premium Starter Kit to get us started. It comes with a Diffuser, 11 essential oils, and a few other things to help you get started. I didn’t realize it at the time, but the Premium Starter Kit has everything you need to start learning about Essential Oils and how to use them. In just the first couple of weeks, we learned so much. Besides studying everything I could, we got to have a first-hand experience with the oils.
Right after we got our Kit, I joined a NingXia Red 90 day Challenge and have been using it daily since then. NingXia Red, along with the essential oils, has changed our lives!
II. What are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are the most powerful part of the plant.
They are distilled from different parts of the plant, depending on the oil and the desired benefits – roots, flowers, leaves, stems, bark, fruit, rinds, resins, and sometimes the entire plant!
Oils consist of over 100 different natural, organic compounds.
In humans, they provide support for every system in the body: Your Skeletal, muscular, circulatory, endocrine system and your hormones, respiratory, and immune systems. They support brain health and a healthy weight. They are used extensively for emotional and spiritual support. An oil in a diffuser can soothe a child after a tough day at school and provide a calming effect when you’ve had a stressful day at work. Oils can be used as an alternative to toxic cleaning chemicals in the home. You can start replacing every chemical cleaning toxin in your home for a purer lifestyle, and you can do it without breaking the bank!
There are many oils available, but you only need 10 to 20 of them to build a good kit.
You do not need to be an aroma therapist to use them. In most cases, just apply the oils topically or inhale them. There are three main ways to get oils into your system: 1) Topically (on your skin), 2) Ingest (Drops under your tongue, in a capsule, or cooking with the oils), 3) Diffuse or inhale.
Tests have shown that oils reach the heart, liver, and thyroid in as little as three seconds when inhaled. When applied topically, the oils can be in the bloodstream in 26 seconds and can reach every cell of the body within 20 minutes. Metabolism and expulsion of essential oils takes 3 to 6 hours in a normal, healthy body.
III. Essential Oil History
The forerunners of modern essential oils were first mentioned in the bible in the book of Genesis, chapter 37, when Joseph was sold to the slave traders by his brothers. The slave traders’ camels carried spices, balm, and myrrh. These forerunners to our modern essential oils (balms, salves, infusions, etc.) are mentioned 100 time directly or indirectly in Scripture.
Some of the oldest cultures on earth used essential oils. There are records that show that the Babylonians placed orders for Cedarwood, Myrrh, and Cypress. The Egyptians used essential oils for beauty and embalming and they have the oldest recorded deodorant recipe made with essential oils. Pakistan and Rome used essential oils in the communal bath houses.
The resins for essential oils were even used by Christ! Jesus was given Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh.
Essential oils were used by the Medieval Europeans, many of who brought oils back during the Crusades.
It was only in the Early 20th Century that essential oils were ‘rediscovered’ and used again in Western civilization for their healing properties and the science of their uses grows every single year.
IV. Do Essential Oils Work?
We have used essential oils for 2 and half years. When we first discovered Young Living Essential Oils, I kept asking, “Why has no one told me about these oils before?!?!” We realized early that the oils were ‘working’. As soon as I got our Premium Starter Kit, I began diffusing Thieves (for the immune boosting properties), Peppermint (for the stimulating properties and fresh scent), and a drop of Frankincense – just because I could! Within about a week to week and a half, I realized that Lewis and I were happier – laughing again, telling silly jokes, and just enjoying life a bit more. This was during a time that we were under quite a bit of stress due to a family medical situation and hadn’t realized how much it was affecting us. We also realized that our old poodle had started acting like a puppy again and was jumping on the bed again. Knowing that placebos don’t work on animals, we became believers! I can tell you story after story of how oils have worked in our lives, but I don’t think you have time for that.
V. Why did we choose Young Living Oils?
All oils fall into one of 4 categories.
The first is what we call therapeutic grade oils. They are pure, unadulterated oils, distilled and handled to the highest of standards. They are made of organically grown plant materials – grown at higher standards than required for the USDA Organic labeling – and distilled at lower temperatures and for the precise time to extract the highest quality oils.
The next category is food grade and may contain synthetic oils, pesticides, fertilizer, carrier oils, and more.
Perfume grade oils often contain chemicals and solvents that are known carcinogens. They may also be diluted with 80 to 95 percent alcohol. These are often sold in stores as ‘essential oil’s or in bulk by the can or jug for soap-makers.
The final category is hydrosols or ‘floral water’. This is the water left over from the distillation process and contains only trace amounts of the essential oils. These may smell good, but have little benefit. Rose water is used around the world for skin care, but that’s pretty much where the benefits of the ‘floral waters’ begin and end. There are some companies that will add a little essential oil to this and sell it as ‘pure essential oil.’
VI. What is Young Living’s ‘Seed to Seal’ Promise?
“Young Living believes that you and your family deserve products that are genuine, free of harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Seed to Seal® is our promise to you that we are committed to providing just that to your family. From the seeds we plant to the moment we seal our bottles, we focus on naturally occurring and high-quality components to provide you with a pristine final product without compromise.”
The farms and distillation process is open and well documented. You can visit the farms to see how this works and even help with the planting and distilling of essential oils. Of course, for safety reasons, there are restrictions, but you can be assured that all the quality control measures are in place at every farm.
You can rest assured that Young Living applies the same high standards to the Personal Care products, Cleaning Products, and Supplements.
You can learn more about Young Living’s Seed to Seal Promise here.
VII. Are You Ready to Learn About the Essential Oils and Blends Included in the Premium Starter Kit?
Young Living Essential Oils are not diluted as we learned that many other brands of oils are. They are strong and potent. Many of the oils can be used with carrier oils to make them easier to apply, to extend the oils and save you money, and to slow down the absorption rate, giving you something of a time-released effect. A carrier oil is a fatty oil like coconut or olive oil.
A few of the oils are considered ‘hot’ oils. If these are applied topically without a carrier oil, you will probably feel a distinct hot or warming sensation. Examples of hot oils and blends include Cinnamon, Clove, Lemongrass, Oregano, Thyme, Exodus II™, and Thieves®. For some people, Peppermint’s cooling sensation can be too intense. Most of these do not bother me if I don’t use them on my face. Oregano is the exception. It is always hot! A friend once told me she applied oregano essential oil topically without a carrier oil. I knew right away it wasn’t a Young Living oil!
According to the FDA, essential oils must be used according the label and oils cannot be used for both internal and external application. Young Living offers us a great variety of oils labeled for topical or aromatic application and the Vitality line of oils for ingesting or cooking.
Please remember to use care with topical application around the eyes. Oils (like pretty much everything else) should not be applied in your eyes, ears, or nostrils. Do not tip a bottle of oil toward your face. Apply with your finger or a cotton swab if you want to use them on your face.
2. The Oils
These are the 11 oils in the Premium Start Kit that will get you started on your oily journey. You will want to add more choices as you learn more about the benefits, but these will give you a really good start.
1. Peppermint Vitality: Often used for digestive support, exercise support, and to get you energized.
2. Lemon Vitality: Smells and tastes delicious! Can be added to your water, shake or yogurt for flavor and to support daily wellness.
3. Copaiba Vitality: Promotes overall wellness. Often used to support your respiratory system.
4. DiGize Vitality: Wellness support. Make a stimulating drink with 2 drops of DiGize Vitality and 1 drop of Peppermint Vitality essential oil in water. DiGize Vitality is a must-have for traveling.
5. Thieves Vitality: Supports a healthy immune system. It makes a great tea: Just add a couple of drops of Thieves Vitality and Lemon Vitality essential oils with a little honey in a cup of hot water. A drop of Thieves Vitality in your daily shot of NingXia Red gives it a spicy boost!
6. Frankincense: A ‘mood enhancing’ oil, and is used to achieve a deeper spiritual connection. Also supports normal cellular health.
7. Lavender: Calming, soothing, relaxing. A good ‘skin’ oil.
8. Purification: Eliminates odors. Used to freshen the air and your laundry. Enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
9. Panaway: This blend has a stimulating aroma. Can be used with coconut oil for a balm for back rubs. You can also place 3-4 drops onto a hot towel and hold over the abdomen for a cool, refreshing effect.
10. RC: Pre-workout – rub on feet and chest before exercising to uplift and inspire. Diffuse or make a kid-friendly chest rub with 2 oz. of coconut oil and 20 to 25 drops of RC.
11. Stress Away: This is one of my absolutely favorite blends! It’s great for exercise recovery, daily support, and providing a calming environment. It even works on our dogs. It’s part of my workday routine. You can get it in a roll-on for convenience, too.
VIII. How Do You Get Started?
In addition to the Premium Starter Kit with Oils, you can choose the NingXia Red Starter Kit or the Thieves Starter kit, depending on your family’s needs.
To order your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
1. Go to www.youngliving.com, click “United States, English” if you are in the United States and Prefer English. Otherwise, choose your country and preferred language.
2. Click “Become a Member”
3. Choose “member” (not retail customer)
4. Enter your Country & Language
5. Use sponsor #2032083 and enroller #2032083 – OR the number of the member who sent you here
6. Choose your Premium Starter Kit. I recommend the Starter Kit with the Home or Dewdrop Diffuser (scroll right to see the Home diffuser), but look over all of your diffuser options and pick the one that you love the most! There are no bad options. What all comes in this kit? 11 bottles of oil, a diffuser, Ningxia Red samples, lots of literature about the oils and your membership, oil samples, sharing bottles, and more!
7. Choose whether or not you would like to be an Essential Rewards member. As an Essential Rewards member you will have the oils and products that you choose delivered directly from Young Living to your house each month! Shipping is cheaper, you qualify for extra free oils at the bonus levels, and you earn a percentage of your purchase back as points (up to 25 %!!) that you can save and spend on FREE Young Living Product! You must spend a minimum of 50 PV (often equal to $50) each month to participate in the Essential rewards monthly ordering program, but you can change the date your oils ship, and you pick what you want to get. Essential Rewards is a free program. You may join at any time, but if you enroll at the time you buy your Starter Kit, you will get a gift from me.
8. Pick a user name, a password, and a 4-digit PIN (write it down! You will need this information to log in, in the future). Complete the membership information, and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
9. Select “continue shopping” if you would like to add additional products to your cart before you checkout. I recommend adding Thieves Household Cleaner to your first order. It’s $22 for the concentrate and makes at least 20 bottles of all-purpose cleaner. That’s about $1 a bottle for a safe AND effective cleaning spray! This is an awesome first step in ridding your home of harmful toxins.
10. Complete the checkout process – CONGRATULATIONS!
11. Send me a text or give me a call as soon as you’re done. (Hint: If you don’t have my phone number, you can find it in Young Living’s Virtual Office!)
Welcome to the Young Living Essential Oils Family.